Concealed Weapon License Info on iPhone Screen

Concealed Weapon Licenses

Onward Services Grid

New Concealed Weapon Laws Effective July, 1, 2023 

Concealed Weapon License Fast-Track Application Processing

Fast track your Florida Concealed Weapon License application or renewal at our office located at 215 Pine Ave SW, Ste A Live Oak, FL 32064.

We offer this process Monday through Friday by appointment or walk-in. Please call 386.362.2816 if you need to make an appointment. There is a $22 convenience fee for first time applicants and a $12 convenience fee for renewals, in addition to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services licensing fees.

Please Note: Initial Florida Concealed Weapon Licenses are issued by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services FDACS and are mailed to recipients.

Our office has the ability to print renewed Florida Concealed Weapon Licenses. This is included in the renewal fee.

First-Time Applicants

Please note, hyperlinks will redirect you to the FDACS website. Also, for additional information visit the FDACS page for Concealed Weapon Licenses.

  1. Determine if you are eligible for a concealed weapon license by reading the eligibility requirements or answering a few simple questions.
  2. Applicants must demonstrate competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a license. Click here to learn more about the acceptable forms of training and the proof of training documentation required.
  3. Read the application instructions to learn what is required when you complete and submit your application.
  4. Bring all of the required documentation with you so that you can submit your application in person using our fast-track process. Click here for a checklist to make sure you bring everything.
    • If a U.S. citizen born outside the U.S.: U.S. passport, Certificate of Birth Abroad (FS-240), Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350), Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570) or Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
    • If a permanent resident alien: USCIS documentation showing permanent resident alien status (I-551) along with proof of residence of at least 90 days, such as utility bills, pay stubs or credit statements
    • Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent resident aliens do not qualify for a concealed weapon license.
  5. Please note: If paying by credit card, you will be charged a 2.5% convenience fee.
  6. Check the status of your application by calling (850) 245-5691 and selecting option 1 or by going to the FDAC website and entering your Tacking number and date of birth.

Review Section 790.06, Florida Statutes, to learn more about the law pertaining to Florida’s concealed weapon license program.

You cannot carry a concealed weapon until you have received your Concealed Weapons License from FDAC.

When will I receive my license?

You should be able to complete the entire process of applying for a new license in an hour or less. Your application will then be sent to Tallahassee for processing.

FDACS has 90 days after receipt of a complete application to either issue a license or deny the application.

Learn about the issues that may result in processing delays or check the status of your application.


If your Florida Concealed Weapon License was issued on or after Wednesday, June 11, 2008, it is valid for seven years. The expiration date appears on the front of your license. If you hold a valid Florida Concealed Weapon License issued prior to June 11, 2008, that license is valid for only five years. It will expire on the date that appears on the face of the license. When you renew your concealed weapon license, your new license will be valid for seven years.

Approximately 95 days prior to the expiration date of your license, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services will send you the renewal notice. You may mail your renewal notice with payment to the address listed on the notice, or you may fast track your renewal in person at our main office.

If you choose to fast track your renewal at our office, all you have to do is bring in your renewal letter and photo id. We will take a new picture, and print your renewal card in our office. Please note that there is a $12 convenience fee for this service, which is in addition to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services’ renewal fee. Cash, check, and credit cards accepted. Please note: If paying by credit card, our third-party payment processor, will charge a 2.5% convenience fee.

Make sure to bring all of the required information with you so that we can process your renewal immediately. All of this information may be found on your Concealed Weapon License and your renewal notice.

Required Information for Renewals

  1. Your Concealed Weapon License Number or Concealed Weapon License Renewal Notice
  2. State issued Photo ID that includes full name and date of birth
  3. Legal name change documentation if applicable i.e. marriage certificate, court records, etc.

If for some reason you fail to renew your Concealed Weapon License by its expiration date, keep in mind that it can be renewed up to six (6) months beyond the expiration date, in accordance with section 790.06(11)(a), Florida Statutes. However, there is a late fee of $15 for renewing after the expiration date. A Concealed Weapon License that has been expired for longer than six months cannot be renewed. If you fail to renew within that six-month period after expiration, you will have to apply for a new license. You cannot carry a concealed weapon or firearm after your license has expired.

Retired Florida Law Enforcement Required Documentation

If you are retired from a Florida law enforcement agency by which you were employed as a law enforcement officer, correctional officer, or correctional probation officer, you must bring a copy of an official document that shows the date of your retirement and the name of the public agency from which you retired. Simply having been formerly employed at one time as a law enforcement officer, correctional officer, or correctional probation officer is not sufficient. Note also that Florida law does not extend this fee exemption to federal law enforcement retirees or law enforcement retirees from other states.

Active Florida Law Enforcement Required Documentation

You must bring an official letter on agency letterhead stating that you are currently employed with that agency as a law enforcement officer, correctional officer, or correctional probation officer. The letter must be signed by the agency head, the agency’s authorized representative, or the agency’s personnel officer.

Expedited Service for Active Military Members and Veterans

Our office is proud to assist with the expediting of Florida Concealed Weapon License applications for active military members and veterans.

Active military personnel who want to expedite their Florida Concealed Weapon License application should bring a copy of their Common Access Card or other form of official military identification. We can also accept a copy of service members’ current orders as proof of active duty status. Honorably discharged veterans should bring a copy of their DD 214 long form.

How to Request a Replacement License

You can mail your request to the address below.

Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 6387
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387

Please include the following items:

  • A written statement explaining that your license has been lost, stolen or destroyed ( this statement must be notarized), and
  • The $15.00 replacement fee (paid by check or money order made payable to FDACS)

How to Request a Name Change and a Replacement License With New Name

Submit a written request and a copy of the legal document with proof of  name change to: 

Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 6387
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387

To receive a revised license with your new name, please include payment of $15.00, payable by check or money order to FDACS.

Quick links