Suwannee County Residents Only
UPDATE: April 8, 2021
BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY, THE HOURS OF SERVICE FOR
ALL FLORIDA DRIVER LICENSE ISSUANCES, FLORIDA I.D. ISSUANCES AND DRIVER LICENSE CLEARANCES WILL BE FROM 7:30 AM TO 4:00 PM
Our office will be closed on Monday, May 31, 2021 for Memorial Day
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has launched a new User friendly website. you will find links On this site to check your florida driver license, update your CDL Medical Card, Renew Florida Registrations, update emergency contact information, etc. Please visit MyDMV Portal to register.
New State Requirement for Driver License Re-Testing
Effective Monday, February 15, 2021, Class E driver license customers who have allowed their driver license to expire for one year or more, whether due to a sanction or downgrade to a Florida identification card, will be required to complete the Class E knowledge exam and vision exam prior to obtaining an original Class E driver license.
Examples of when a customer will be required to re-test for their original Class E driver license include:
- Customer downgraded from a Class E to an ID card due to a license sanction and the driver license on record has been expired for one year or more.
- Customer’s Florida Class E expired, and the customer did not apply to renew the Florida driver license within the one-year delinquent renewal period.
- Customer is applying for an original Florida Class E license and their out-of-state driver license has been expired for one year or more.
- Customer completed their Class E knowledge exam and did not obtain their Class E driver license within one year of the exam pass date.
due to the size of our lobby and limited seating available, we ask that everyone please adhere to the following guidelines:
- although face masks are not mandatory, due to the size of our lobby, we ask that you please wear a mask while in the office.
- if you have an appointment for a service, do not pull a number. please notify a staff member upon arrival for instructions.
- driver license Road skills will be administered by appointment only. please call 386.362.2816 for an appointment. (Suwannee, Hamilton and Madison County Residents Only) These appointments are Monday through Friday at 8:30 AM only.
- our office does not administer medical or extended road skills test. please visit All Florida Safety Institute, LLC for information and to make an appointment.
- concealed weapons services administered by appointment only. please call 386.362.2816 for an appointment. due to the size of the concealed weapons office, Face masks are mandatory for while in the office. Appointments must be made at least one day in advance between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
- general knowledge computer testing and cDL testing is offered by appointment only. please call 386.362.2816 for an appointment. (Suwannee County Residents as well as Hamilton and Madison County Non-Immigrants only).
- we encourage everyone to utilize the outside drop box, mail and online services for tag renewals and tax payments. if you choose to leave tag renewals in the drop box, you must include the mail fees. Please do not leave cash in the drop box or mail. Visit MyDMV Portal for FLHSMV On-line services.
- all delinquent property taxes must be paid with certified funds only. no personal checks will be accepted.
Tips For Reducing Your Wait Time
Mondays and Fridays have traditionally been the office’s busiest days, while the wait times on Wednesdays are generally the shortest. The first few days of the month and the last few days of the month are always extremely busy. The longest lines occur during the hours of 11:00 a.M. until 2:00 p.M.
In order to expedite your service, please make sure you have all documents pertaining to your service with you. such as insurance, tag numbers, title information, driver license information, etc. (please call for any questions and requirements) If you do not have what you need, you will need to leave and pull another number.
We will be in the branford office the 1st and 3rd tuesday of every month. branford hours are 7:00 am - 3:00 pm. (closed 12:00 pm - 1:00 Pm for lunch)
- we request that you please wear a mask while in the office.
- please knock before entering.
the DOWLING PARK OFFICE WILL BE closed until further notice
if you have any questions, please call our office 386.362.2816
My goal each day as Tax Collector is to provide the citizens of Suwannee County with the most courteous, friendly, efficient and professional level of service possible. I remind my staff daily of how important it is to work as a team to give the best customer service possible. I always welcome your feedback whether good or bad.
Be A Hero
Our Be a Hero Donate Life 5k is an annual event held in April. We host this event to help educate and raise awareness for the importance of Organ, Eye and Tissue Donation.
Although Donate Life Month is in April, your can be a hero all year by simply saying yes when asked "Would you like to give the gift of life and be an organ donor?"
LEARN MORE >