UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 26, 2023
OUR OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED
MONDAY, OCTOBER 9TH, 2023
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW CONCEALED WEAPONS
LAWS BEGINNING JULY 1, 2023, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK
We have NO JOB OPENINGS AT THIS TIME
YOU CAN dOWNLOAD DRIVER HANDBOOKS AND CDL HANDBOOKS. Click the link below.
- DRIVER HANDBOOKS
- DRIVER HANDBOOKS SPANISH
- cDL HANDBOOKS
- MOTORCYCLE BASIC SAFETY COURSE
- TLSAE COURSES
- what to bring for driver license
Driver License Services and Florida ID Hours are 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
Introducing Suwannee County Tax Collector's
office new queuing system
Nemo-Q is easy as
Press start here
Choose your service
pull your ticket
your ticket number will be called via an overhead speaker and you will be directed to a clerk window for your service
Simply press Start Here Choose your service print your ticket
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT VOLUNTEERED, SPONSORED, AND PARTICPATED IN OUR DONATE FLORIDA 5K.
BECAUSE OF YOU, IT WAS A RESOUNDING SUCCESS.
YOU ARE ALL
fOR INFORMATION REGARDING SOLID WASTE OPERATIONS PLEASE VISIT:
HEAVY TRUCK RENEWALS
When renewing the registration decal for trucks and tractors with a GVW of 26,001 or more, Florida statutes require proof of combined single limit (CSL) commercial insurance. Please enclose a copy of your Certificate of Liability. Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles Bureau of Motor Services must be listed as the Certificate Holder. If you do not include your Certificate of Liability or if there is missing or incorrect information, we cannot renew and it will be returned for corrections. To change the GVW, contact our office 386-362-2816.
If your Truck or Tractor has a GVW of 55,000 pounds or more, you are required to submit your HVUT stamped RECEIVED with current date. If this is not included , not legible, or anything on the HVUT is missing or incomplete, We can not renew and everything will be returned for correction.
New Florida Smart ID
Visit Florida Smart ID for more information
nEW STATE PORTAL:
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has launched a new User friendly website. you will find links On this site to check your florida driver license, update your CDL Medical Card, Renew Florida Registrations, update emergency contact information, etc. Please visit MyDMVPortal to register.
Entry-level Driver TrainingSkills Testing Prerequisite
Applicants with a Commercial Learner Permit issued on or after February 7, 2022, must successfully complete a mandatory theory (knowledge) and behind-the-wheel (BTW) training program prior to taking the CDL skills testing.
• Obtaining a Class A or Class B CDL for the first time
• Upgrading an existing Class B CDL to a Class A CDL
• Obtaining a school bus (S), passenger (P), or hazardous materials (H) endorsement for the first time
Hazardous Materials Prerequisite
Applicants for a hazardous materials (H) endorsement must complete mandatory theory training provided by a training provider listed on FMCSA’s Training Provider Registry prior to taking the knowledge test for the H endorsement unless a hazardous materials (H) was obtained prior to February 7, 2022
due to the size of our lobby and limited seating available, we ask that everyone please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please bring the minimum number of family members and friends.
- everyone is required to check in at the kiosk in the lobby.
- we encourage everyone to utilize the outside drop box, mail, and online services for tag renewals and tax payments. if you choose to leave tag renewals in the drop box, you must include the mail fees. Please do not leave cash in the drop box or mail cash. Visit MyDMVPortal for FLHSMV On-line services.
DRIVER LICENSE SERVICES:
- driver license Road skills will be administered by appointment ONLY. please call 386.362.2816 for an appointment. (Suwannee, Hamilton, and Madison County Residents Only) You MUST bring in the following:
- Your permit
- Current Registration for the vehicle used for the test
- current insurance card on the vehicle used for the test.
- If you do not have a current insurance card or Current registration, you may be asked to reschedule
- you must be accompanied by someone with a valid driver license and they must be 21 or older no matter your age.
- our office does not administer medical or extended road skills test. please visit AllFloridaSafetyInstitute, LLC for Additional information
- general knowledge computer testing and cDL computer testing is offered by appointment only. please call 386.362.2816 to make an appointment.
• ALL delinquent property taxes must be paid with certified funds only. nO personal checks or Bank Bill Pay Checks will be accepted. This is our office policy. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- current year's property taxes are delinquent after april 30th each year.
- concealed weapons services are available at the main office location only Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. appointments are available, but they are not required.
Tips For Reducing Your Wait Time:
Mondays and Fridays have traditionally been the office’s busiest days, while the wait times on Wednesdays are generally the shortest. The first few days of the month and the last few days of the month are always extremely busy. The longest lines occur during the hours of 11:00am until 2:00pm.
In order to expedite your service, please make sure you have all documents pertaining to your service with you. such as insurance (preferably your insurance card), tag numbers, title information, driver license information, etc. (please call for any questions and requirements) If you do not have what you need, you will need to leave to bring in required documents. You will be required to pull another number.
CLERKS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO TOUCH OR HOLD YOUR CELL PHONE TO RETREIVE INSURANCE INFORMATION. YOU MUST EMAIL YOUR INSURANCE CARD OR HAVE IT FAXED
Attention Customers paying by check:
The Suwannee County Tax Collector’s Office is partnered with Envision Payment Solutions for the recovery of returned checks. If your check is dishonored by the bank, a service fee will be assessed in accordance with state law. In providing a check as payment, you authorize electronic re-presentment if your check should return unpaid. Also, you authorize service charges and processing fees as allowed by state law to debited from the same account via paper draft or electronic funds transfer."
Envision can be contacted at 1-877-290-5460
We are in the branford office the 1st and 3rd tuesday of every month.
branford hours are 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
(closed 12:00 PM- 1:00 PM for lunch).
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, The FLOW Mobile will be NOT BE IN BRANFORD.
We apologize for the inconvenience
DOWLING PARK OFFICE:
We are in the dowling park office the first thursday of every month
our hours are 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Closed (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM for Lunch)
Until further notice, The FLOW Mobile will not be in Dowling Park. We apologize for the inconvenience.
if you have any questions, please call our office 386.362.2816
My goal each day as Tax Collector is to provide the citizens of Suwannee County with the most courteous, friendly, efficient and professional level of service possible. I remind my staff daily of how important it is to work as a team to give the best customer service possible. I always welcome your feedback whether good or bad.
Be A Hero
Our Be a Hero Donate Life 5k is an annual event held in April. We host this event to help educate and raise awareness for the importance of Organ, Eye and Tissue Donation.
Although Donate Life Month is in April, your can be a hero all year by simply saying yes when asked "Would you like to give the gift of life and be an organ donor?"
LEARN MORE >