UPDATED: September 27, 2022
AT THIS TIME, WE DO NOT ANTICPATE CLOSING OUR OFFICE WEDNSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2022. WE ARE CLOSELY MONITORING THE PATH OF IAN AND WILL POST ANY UPDATES AS NEEDED.
JOB OPENING FOR A FULL TIME 30 HOURS PER WEEK
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK
pLEASE VISIT OUR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PAGE FOR MOR INFORMATION OR TO PRINT AN APPLICATION.
YOU CAN dOWNLOAD DRIVER HANDBOOKS AND CDL HANDBOOKS. Click the link below.
- DRIVER HANDBOOKS
- DRIVER HANDBOOKS SPANISH
- cDL HANDBOOKS
- MOTORCYCLE BASIC SAFETY COURSE
- TLSAE COURSES
- what to bring for driver license
Driver License Services and Florida ID Hours are 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
New Florida Smart ID
Visit Florida Smart ID for more information
nEW STATE PORTAL:
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has launched a new User friendly website. you will find links On this site to check your florida driver license, update your CDL Medical Card, Renew Florida Registrations, update emergency contact information, etc. Please visit MyDMV Portal to register. If you do not wish to register, visit https://mydmvportal.flhsmv.gov/Home/en/ExpressRenew/Landing
You may qualify for the Florida Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) program to help mitigate financial hardships associated with the pandemic by assisting with the payment of delinquent mortgage payments, delinquent property taxes, and utilities. This program is managed by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. The Suwannee County Tax Collector's Office does not determine who is eligible nor can we answer any questions pertaining to the program.
For more information or to register for the program, please visit FLHomeownerAssistance.org
The deadline to apply for benefits is August 31, 2022
Entry-level Driver TrainingSkills Testing Prerequisite
Applicants with a Commercial Learner Permit issued on or after February 7, 2022, must successfully complete a mandatory theory (knowledge) and behind-the-wheel (BTW) training program prior to taking the CDL skills testing.
• Obtaining a Class A or Class B CDL for the first time
• Upgrading an existing Class B CDL to a Class A CDL
• Obtaining a school bus (S), passenger (P), or hazardous materials (H) endorsement for the first time
Hazardous Materials Prerequisite
Applicants for a hazardous materials (H) endorsement must complete mandatory theory training provided by a training provider listed on FMCSA’s Training Provider Registry prior to taking the knowledge test for the H endorsement unless a hazardous materials (H) was obtained prior to February 7, 2022
oUR aNNUAL DONATE lIFE 5K rUN/WALK WAS A SUCCESS!
A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR TIME KEEPER BECKY SKIPPER, all of OUR SPONSORS, PARTICIPANTS, AND VOLUNTEERS.
we could not have done this without all of you!
These wonderful people are the reason we do this event. we had a sweet local donor family share their story as well as organ donation recipients that participated in the 5k and shared their stories. thank you all for sharing your stories of inspiration and hope with us!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ORGAN, TISSUE, AND EYE DONATION, PLEASE VISIT OUR DONATE LIFE PAGE.
due to the size of our lobby and limited seating available, we ask that everyone please adhere to the following guidelines:
• if you have an appointment for a service, do not pull a number. please notify a staff member upon arrival for instructions.
• driver license Road skills will be administered by appointment only. please call 386.362.2816 for an appointment. (Suwannee, Hamilton and Madison County Residents Only) These appointments are Monday through Friday Between the hours of 8:00am and 9:00pm only
• our office does not administer medical or extended road skills test. please visit All Florida Safety Institute, LLC for information and to make an appointment.
• concealed weapons services administered by appointment only. please call 386.362.2816 for an appointment. Appointments should be made at least one day in advance between 8:00am and 3:00pm. notify a clerk upon arrival that you have an appointment. dO nOT pull a number.
• general knowledge computer testing and cDL computer testing is offered by appointment only. please call 386.362.2816 for an appointment.
• we encourage everyone to utilize the outside drop box, mail and online services for tag renewals and tax payments. if you choose to leave tag renewals in the drop box, you must include the mail fees. Please do not leave cash in the drop box or mail. Visit MyDMV Portal for FLHSMV On-line services.
• ALL delinquent property taxes must be paid with certified funds only. nO personal checks, Bank Bill Pay Checks or debit cards will be accepted. This is our office policy. NO EXCEPTIONS. current year's property taxes are delinquent after april 30th each year.
Tips For Reducing Your Wait Time:
Mondays and Fridays have traditionally been the office’s busiest days, while the wait times on Wednesdays are generally the shortest. The first few days of the month and the last few days of the month are always extremely busy. The longest lines occur during the hours of 11:00am until 2:00pm.
In order to expedite your service, please make sure you have all documents pertaining to your service with you. such as insurance, tag numbers, title information, driver license information, etc. (please call for any questions and requirements) If you do not have what you need, you will need to leave and pull another number.
Due to the size of our lobby, we ask that you bring the minimum number of family members and friends in with you.
Attention Customers paying by check:
The Suwannee County Tax Collector’s Office is partnered with Envision Payment Solutions for the recovery of returned checks. If your check is dishonored by the bank, a service fee will be assessed in accordance with state law. In providing a check as payment, you authorize electronic re-presentment if your check should return unpaid. Also, you authorize service charges and processing fees as allowed by state law to debited from the same account via paper draft or electronic funds transfer."
Envision can be contacted at 1-877-290-5460
We will be in the branford office the 1st and 3rd tuesday of every month.
branford hours are 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM. (closed 12:00 PM- 1:00 PM for lunch)
• there will be no driver license services offered at this time.
DOWLING PARK OFFICE:
We WILL be in the dowling park office the first thursday of every month
• our hours are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Closed (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM for Lunch)
• there will be no driver license services offered at this time.
if you have any questions, please call our office 386.362.2816
My goal each day as Tax Collector is to provide the citizens of Suwannee County with the most courteous, friendly, efficient and professional level of service possible. I remind my staff daily of how important it is to work as a team to give the best customer service possible. I always welcome your feedback whether good or bad.
Be A Hero
Our Be a Hero Donate Life 5k is an annual event held in April. We host this event to help educate and raise awareness for the importance of Organ, Eye and Tissue Donation.
Although Donate Life Month is in April, your can be a hero all year by simply saying yes when asked "Would you like to give the gift of life and be an organ donor?"
LEARN MORE >